Squadron Annual Dinner 2016
Viewed 1370 times.
By Cdt Sgt Barrett - 1301 (Fleetwood) Squadron
Each year 1301 (Fleetwood) Squadron holds its presentation dinner. This year was no exception with over 40 cadets, staff and family members gathering at the Masonic Lodge in Fleetwood. The dinner is held annually and celebrates the cadets achievements from the year.
WO Steve Brown invited everyone to their seats in the dining hall in advance of the top table and CI Liam Burns lead grace before the three-course meal was served. Mr Vice, otherwise known as Cdt Cpl Kimberley Edwards, gave the royal toast to the Queen when everyone had finished their food. A short comfort break later and it was award time!
The awards are as follows:
- Cdt Costello received the Spirit of Adventure award for his enthusiasm and commitment to trying new things. He recently, despite feeling apprehensive, went flying for the first time
- Cdt Coppen received the Citizenship award for her amazing £155 sponsership contribution towards the squadron's donation the Fleetwood and Cleveleys Lion's.
- Cpl Scantlebury won the Shooting award for his efforts in acheiving a Regional marksman level on both the L98 and No.8 rifles.
- Cpl Edwards won the Academic award for acheieving both her Senior and Master qualification badges.
- Cdt McCann won Best Cadet on the squadron his dedication on outstanding commitment to the squadron and high level of attendance at activities.
Other cadets received various certificates for First Aid etc as well from the year.
The night was ended by Sqn Ldr Lane inviting rtd. Sqn Ldr Lowe and Wg Cdr Malloy to say a few words regarding the squadron and ATC's history.
For more information please visit the Squadron website